Thursday, February 6, 2014

Welcome Little Peyton

After getting sidetracked to make the card in my previous post, I got back to work creating some baby cards for a friend.  She requested three custom cards for upcoming baby girls, two of which already had names picked out.  Here's the first one I created.


I embossed a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock with the Polka Dots folder and mounted it on a white card base.  I used a scalloped rectangle die from the Blueprints 1 set for the white piece.  The individual letters in the name are cut from a patterned paper pack by Stampin' Up called Love and the paper piecing on the diaper and bottles are as well.

After gluing the letters in place, I stamped the words "welcome little" above the name.  I adhered the white piece to the card and then added a Close to Cocoa strip cut using another die from Blueprints 1.  I really like the stitched detail.  I cut out the paper-pieced baby items, colored the little bottle nipples with a marker, and then glued them in place.  So sweet!

Stamps:  Night, Night Moon (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Love dp (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Blush Blossom marker (Stampin' Up); Blueprints 1 dies (My Favorite Things); Block Alphabet dies (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

1 comment:

  1. What a precious card!! I love the colors and the cute way you did the name with the alphas!! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!