Friday, February 7, 2014

PTI 7th Anniversary Day 3: Timer Challenge

Oh my word, this challenge was an exercise in frustration for me.  I'm a slow stamper and take a while to make cards.  Having a time limit added a whole new layer of anxiety.  Here's the challenge:

Welcome to our first ever Timer Challenge, in honor of the *time travel* theme for Stamp-a-faire this year. You are encouraged to grab a timer and get creative!
  • You have 7 minutes to grab 7 supplies to use on your card.  This needs to include your ink, paper and stamps too, so maybe you should be sure to grab the basics first and go from there!  (You do not need to count adhesive as one of your limited supplies.)
  • Then create a quick card in 17 minutes or less using the supplies you selected!

It turned out that the seven supplies aspect was far more difficult than anticipated.  Everything I tried to do needed one or two more than that.  I did finish one card, but it took me a couple of minutes too long and I wasn't really happy with it anyway.  I may try to remake it later.  Finally, I looked at a simple card I made two weeks ago and realized that it used exactly seven things.  In some desperation to get this posted on time, I decided to make a variation of it for this challenge.


You'll notice it's very similar to the thank you card I posted here.  This time, I used an inverted scalloped circle to mimic the sun and used the Wonderful Words: Hello stamp set and die.  Here's my list of seven items:

1.  White cardstock
2.  Harvest Gold cardstock
3.  True Black cardstock
4.  Wonderful Words: Hello stamp set
5.  Wonderful Words: Hello die
6.  Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles Large die
7.  Tuxedo Black ink

Gathering the supplies only took a couple of minutes.  Making the actual card took 10 minutes and 16 seconds.  Can I say how glad I am to be done?  This challenge was a stumper.  I sure hope tomorrow's challenge is much easier!  :)

Stamps:  Wonderful Words: Hello (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Harvest Gold, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Wonderful Words: Hello die (Papertrey Ink); Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles Large die (Spellbinders)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!