Thursday, February 6, 2014

PTI 7th Anniversary Day 2: I Just Love You

For the second day of their anniversary celebration, Papertrey Ink provided a pdf file with several digital images by their stamp designers and challenged us to make a project with one of them.  (found here)  I was commissioned recently to make three baby cards and was using one of yesterday's PTI sketches to do just that.  Once I had most of it put together, I realized that it was perfect for Heather Nichols' pretty image and quickly changed plans.



Sweet serendipity!  I love the result and you'd think I had planned it that way.  I embossed a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock with the Polka Dots folder and adhered it to a white card base.  I die cut the doily and trimmed the edge to match the sketch.  After using my paper cutter to trim Heather's image, I simply slipped it under the doily.  I added some pretty pink twine across the top as a final touch.  Quick and easy!

Stamps:  7th Anniversary Printable (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  none
Misc:  Parisian Lace Doily die (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Strawberry solid twine (The Twinery)

1 comment:

  1. Parisian Lace Doily is one of my most favourite crafty supplies, so you know I love this! Pink perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!