Sunday, February 9, 2014

PTI 7th Anniversary Day 5: Seven Sensational Years

This is my 200th post!!!  How cool is that?  I'm pretty excited about reaching that milestone.  Today's challenge is to make a birthday card to celebrate seven years of Papertrey Ink.  We were also supposed to take a picture of ourselves with the card.  I barely made it before the sun went down.  It's not the best lighting, but it works!



I glued narrow strips of colored cardstock on a piece of white cardstock and then cut it out with a By the Numbers Mat die.  I also cut the number seven out of a white mat, stamped my sentiment, and then textured it with the Linen & Canvas impression plate.  I then glued my striped number in place.

I stamped the balloon strings with Tuxedo Black ink.  I die cut the balloons and then stamped them in Limeade Ice, Hawaiian Shores, and Harvest Gold ink.  I stamped the tiny heart with Hibiscus Burst ink and then cut in out to glue in place.

I wanted to keep this card fairly flat for mailing to save on postage.  Sometimes simple is best!  :)

Stamps:  Big Birthday Wishes, Heart-2-Heart #2 (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, True Black, Limeade Ice, Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Limeade Ice, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Heart-2-Heart #2 die, By the Numbers Mat die (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!