Saturday, February 8, 2014

PTI 7th Anniversary Day 4: Tweet Hello

Today's challenge was a fun one!  Papertrey Ink is releasing a new series of stamps and dies called Monthly Moments that is geared toward pocket-style scrapbooking.  I've been intrigued by Project Life for a while now and this may just put me over the edge.  My photos need to be put in albums and I think this method would work for me.  After making this little 3x4 card, I can see many possibilities with my stamps and dies.  The smaller size is so much fun and making these would be more like making cards instead of scrapbook pages.

This particular 3x4 card will probably be put to use on a future card rather than a scrapbook.  I still had the hello die out on my desk from yesterday and I wanted to use my Little Bitty Bird stamps, so here is the result!


I cut Spring Rain cardstock with a die from My Favorite Things that I already had in my stash.  I love it when I have exactly what I need!  I stamped the tree branch along with two cute little birds.  I paper-pieced both birds using Basic Grey paper.  The large hello is cut from True Black.  For the clouds, I cut white cardstock using cloud dies, embossed them with a Polka Dots folder, and then crumpled them up for texture.  I stamped the small music notes above the birds and the word "tweet" above the diecut word.  I colored in the tiny leaves with a Gumball Green marker.

I loved making this little card.  I have a couple more ideas, so time to get back in the studio!

Stamps:  Little Bitty Birds, Little Bitty Birds Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, True Black (Papertrey Ink); Nook & Pantry 6x6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Wonderful Words: Hello die, Clouds 1 & 2 dies (Papertrey Ink); 3x4 Insert die (My Favorite Things): Gumball Green marker (Stampin' Up); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!