Thursday, February 6, 2014

PTI 7th Anniversary Day 1: Pond Birthday

This month is Papertrey Ink's 7th anniversary.  Unbelievable!  I've been following them since the very beginning.  The celebration started yesterday showcasing some of the design team's favorite cards.  Several color combos and sketches were posted along with a challenge to choose one of each to make a project.  Here are the ones I chose:



You can see other options here.   Hmmm...not sure why they are showing up so gray.  That's not what they look like on my computer.  Weird.  Anyway, I pulled out an old Papertrey Ink set called Pond Life for this card.  It caught my eye as I was flipping through my sets and I thought the colors would work perfectly.  Plus, I had a flash of inspiration for the circle.  Voila!


I cut multiple pieces of Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock using the In the Meadow dies and layered the strips to look like water.  Once glued together, I die cut my circle.  I stamped multiple fish in the water using the same two inks.  The little teeny bubbles were made with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen, which adds just a touch of shimmer while still keeping the masculine vibe.

I stamped the turtle on Kraft cardstock using Leaf Green and Ripe Avocado ink.  Can you see the subtle shell pattern?  Here's a close-up view:


I hand-cut the turtle and placed it according to the sketch.  I added some grass stems to the bottom of my Kraft card base and then glued everything in place.  Last, I stamped my sentiment from Shapes By Design.  Simple and fun!

Stamps:  Pond Life, Shapes By Design (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Kraft, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Circle STAX 2 die (My Favorite Things); Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)

1 comment:

  1. Just adorable, Heidi! This is a fabulous and creative use of the sketch. You seem to be knocking these birthday challenges out of the park! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a little love on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!