Tuesday, February 11, 2014

PTI 7th Anniversary Day 7: Sixteen and Fabulous

We're hunkering down here in North Carolina and getting ready for some expected snowfall tomorrow.  My kids are pretty excited!  Supposedly it will be the most snow we've had in many years.  School is already cancelled.  I'm most excited about sleeping in.   :)

Today's challenge for the Papertrey Ink anniversary festivities was to use stripes.  I'm still on a purple kick so I pulled out my Rainbow Stripes dies and created this birthday card.


Pardon the indoor lighting.  There's not much natural light after 10pm!  Maybe I can get a better pic tomorrow before the snow starts falling.  This card is a slight CASE of one Nichole Heady posted on her blog when these dies were released last year.

I cut the rainbow stripes out of Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, and True Black cardstock.  I pieced them together on the card leaving some white space between.  I cut the numbers from Winter Wisteria and stamped a happy birthday sentiment repeatedly in the matching ink.  Then I layered them on white mats and adhered them to the card with pop-dots.  As a last step, I stamped my sentiment underneath, masking off the exclamation point so it would fit snug against the curve.  Super cute!

Stamps:  Big Birthday Wishes, Around & About (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Winter Wisteria (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Rainbow Stripes dies, By the Numbers dies, By the Numbers Mats dies (Papertrey Ink); pop-dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!