Thursday, November 26, 2020

Peas on Earth Tag

Here's my final set of Christmas tags for this year.  I wanted to use the adorable Peas on Earth stamp set from Lawn Fawn, and when I was searching for ideas, I saw a cute tag by Tammy Stark on the Lawn Fawn blog here.  I adapted it slightly to use stuff that I already had on hand.

This set of tags was pretty involved and they took the most time of all the tag sets I created.  It was fun though!  I love Lawn Fawn images.  I couldn't resist the punny sentiment either.  I cut a white tag base with the Tag Sale #10 die by Papertrey Ink and then cut another tag from their All Through the House patterned paper to glue on top.

For my little caroling scene, I sponged Broken China Distress Oxide ink on a white cardstock circle cut with the Tag Sale #12 dies from Papertrey Ink and then spritzed it with a little water.  I also cut a second circle, created a small hill using the In the Meadow dies from Papertrey Ink, and glued it on top of the inked circle.

I stamped and colored the peas from Peas on Earth with Copic markers on white cardstock, along with the Christmas tree and star from Yeti or Not by Lawn Fawn.  It's difficult to see in the photo, but I added clear Wink of Stella to the star for some sparkle.  I also added Glossy Accents to the light bulb garland on the tree.

I used the matching Peas on Earth dies to cut out the little caroling peas, but I hand cut the tree and star because I don't have the dies for that set.  (I wish it wasn't so expensive to get the dies for every stamp set I own.)  Anyway, I glued the Christmas tree directly to the circle with some cardstock behind it, so that it would stay level with the hill.  Then I popped up the two peas with foam tape.  I adhered the circle scene to a white scalloped circle cut using the Classic Scalloped Circles Small dies from Spellbinders and added it to the tag base with foam tape.  Oh, I did add a little grounding underneath the images with a light grey marker.

For the sentiment, I cut a banner using the Simple Wavy Banners dies from Lawn Fawn and Pinefeather cardstock.  I used white powder to emboss my sentiment from Peas on Earth, curving the stamp to fit the banner.  I then used foam tape to pop up the banner on the completed tag.  As a final step, I tied on some narrow white ribbon.

I love these tags so much!  They turned out super cute.  It's been so much fun to get back into my studio and create again.  The tags aren't all my original design, of course, but I needed to take the pressure off myself this year and just have fun making them.  What's amazing is that I got them all done before Thanksgiving!  Go me!

Hopefully, within the next two or three weeks, the basement remodel will get finished.  I can't wait to get my home back in order.  It's been a crazy two months.  This has been a welcome distraction from all the chaos.

Stamps:  Peas on Earth, Yeti or Not (Lawn Fawn) 
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark; Broken China (Distress Oxide)
Paper:  White, Pinefeather, All Through the House (Papertrey Ink)
Dies:  Tag Sale #10, Tag Sale #12, In the Meadow (Papertrey Ink); Peas on Earth, Simple Wavy Banners (Lawn Fawn); Classic Scalloped Circles Small (Spellbinders)
Copic:  0, C1, C5, R29, R59, Y13, Y15, R20, YG05, YG09, G17, G28, B06, RV55, E59, E70, E71, E74
Misc:  white embossing powder (Filigree); Glossy Accents (Ranger); clear Wink of Stella pen, blending tool, water spritzer 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!