Monday, November 23, 2020

Red Silhouette Gift Tag

Here we go with tag set number three!  I CASE'd this idea by Betsy Veldman from her blog post here.  I only made two small tweaks for my version of her tag.  She designs such wonderful products.  This tag set uses the dies from the Tinsel & Tags kit that was released by Papertrey Ink way back in 2014.  

It's such a simple design, but it has a big impact.  I love the combination of red and white with that classic Christmas silhouette!  I cut a tag using Pure Poppy cardstock and the Tag Sale #4 die by Papertrey Ink.  I then cut white cardstock with the Tinsel & Tags: Scenery die and layered it on top.

I embossed the sentiment from Tinsel & Tags with red embossing powder before gluing it down, of course.  I refuse to admit how many times I did it before getting four pieces that weren't messed up in some way.  Betsy Veldman stamped it with red ink on her tags, but I really wanted a bold sentiment with some dimension and shine.  My red embossing powder was a bit difficult to work with despite using a stamping buddy.  It was quite frustrating, to say the least, but I really like how it looks.

My other little design tweak was to add White Blizzard Nuvo Crystal Drops to the background for some snowy texture.  After that was dry, I tied on some narrow white ribbon. 

I really love these tags!  They have an understated elegance about them.

Stamps: Tinsel & Tags (Papertrey Ink) 
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Pure Poppy, White (Papertrey Ink)
Dies:  Tinsel & Tags: Scenery; Tag Sale #4 (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  White Blizzard (Nuvo Crystal Drops); red embossing powder (Hero Arts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!