Saturday, November 21, 2020

Poinsettia Tag

I just completed this year's Christmas tags.  We're in the middle of a huge basement remodel and our lives have been a little chaotic for the past two months.  My son and his family are coming to spend December with us, so I have to move most of the stuff in my studio down to the basement storage room when it's ready.  My little two-year-old grandson would have a heyday with my ink pads, scissors, stamps, and other assorted paraphernalia if I don't.  My studio will be converted into a guest bedroom temporarily while they are here.  Therefore, I needed to get all the Christmas tags done before December 1st.

My first tag uses the Poinsettia dies from Stampin' Up.  I had some pieces left from the Deck the Halls patterned paper and decided to cut layered poinsettias from this pretty red text print.

I usually make a set of four tags, but I had just enough paper to make a fifth poinsettia so I made an extra tag.  I'm sure I'll find a reason to use it.  It's always good to have tags on hand!

I stacked the three layers of the poinsettia and slightly curled each petal to add dimension.  I adhered the flower to a tag cut using the Berry Wreath Tag die from Papertrey Ink and Early Espresso cardstock, along with pine sprigs cut from the Funky Festive dies by Tim Holtz with Always Artichoke cardstock.

As a final step, I added Stickles to the center of the poinsettia to create a flower center.  It gives a pretty touch of sparkle!  Then I tied on some narrow gold ribbon.

 
Paper:  Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Deck the Halls dsp (Stampin' Up)
Dies:  Poinsettia (Stampin' Up); Berry Wreath Tag (Papertrey Ink); Funky Festive (Tim Holtz)
Misc:  Tidings Stickles; gold ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!