Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Flower Bead Jewelry Set

I recently made this necklace and matching earrings as a gift for my mother.  I found the beautiful lined faceted crystal beads with the little flowers at Michaels, along with the leaves and accent beads.  I came up with the design fairly quickly, but then stalled while I figured out how I wanted to string it.  After making the focal dangle, I decided to create lots of beaded links to put it together.

 
Isn't that pretty?  It reminds of spring with all those beautiful colors.  I was very tempted to keep this jewelry for myself.  I may re-create it with different seed beads because I don't have quite enough of those left over to make another set.

 
While the focal dangle on the necklace has three leaves on chain at different lengths, I kept the earrings simple with just one leaf. 
 
 
It's a very easy design to make, of course.  It just takes a bit of time to create all the links, especially when you are inexperienced like me.  I absolutely love how it turned out!  I knew my mom would love it too.  We video chatted while she opened the box so I could see her reaction, and of course, she did!


It's been fun to dive back into making jewelry again.  There are so many wonderful tutorials out there and lots of pretty beads!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I would like to order one of your pieces. How do I go about that? You can reach me at wrb@wrbills.com. Thanks, you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind! I'm an amateur jewelry maker so I don't actually have any finished pieces to sell.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!