Monday, August 25, 2014

Stamp-a-Faire 2014: Renaissance Velvet

I've seen this technique of stamping velvet before, but had never tried it myself.  I was pretty chuffed when it worked on the first try!



Gluing the velvet to the card and get it to lay flat was a different story!  lol  I ended up using Glossy Accents, but it still shifted slightly when I put the card together.

My card is obviously inspired by the challenge sample.  I just changed the colors and used a different sentiment.  It's from the Happy Trails stamp set.  My daughter's idea, actually.  I think the feather is a nice touch for a card inspired by the Rennaissance era!  :)

You can see other cards for the challenge here.

Stamps:  Renaissance Era; Happy Trails (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tropical Teal (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Rustic White, Tropical Teal (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Renaissance Era die (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!