Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stamp-a-Faire 2014: Morning Timer Challenge

Whew, it's been a long day.  Emily and I have spent hours in the studio working on the Stamp-a-Faire challenges.  Here is my card for the Timer Challenge.  We got to pick one color combo and one sketch, and it had to be completed in twenty minutes.  I barely made it.  lol  I was helping my daughter at the same time, so that made it interesting!




I used Soft Stone cardstock for my base and Spring Rain, Winter Wisteria, and Blueberry Sky cardstock with an MFT die for the three scallop borders.  (trimmed to make them shorter)  I stamped my sentiment from Little Bitty Bird at the top.

For the adorable little bird, I first stamped the body in Hawaiian Shores ink.  Then I stamped the bird outline in black ink so it was standing on the sentiment.  I stamped the polka dot wing in Hawaiian Shores, but it didn't show up very well, so I took my white gel pen and added polka dots myself.

It turned out pretty cute!  You can see other cards for the challenge here.  I'll post Emily's timer card next.

Stamps:  Little Bitty Bird, Little Bitty Bird Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores, Winter Wisteria (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Soft Stone, Spring Rain, Winter Wisteria, Blueberry Sky
Misc:  Blueprints 4 die (My Favorite Things); white gel pen (Inkssentials)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!