Friday, August 22, 2014

Stamp-a-Faire 2014: Friday Night Meet & Greet


It's time for the annual Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire!  My daughter Emily and I have been looking forward to this online event for months.  I even ordered the kit this time since I really love the era-specific stamp sets and dies.  The theme this year is Time Traveler and the challenges look like lots of fun.  We can't wait to get started!


We decided to have a little fun for our meet and greet photos.  I pulled two cloche-style hats and some sparkly scarves from my closet for a little 1920's flair.  After all, that is one of the selected eras for the theme!  Who could resist?


We are big old goofballs as you can tell!  My son was rolling his eyes as he took pictures under protest.  lol


Emily and I participated in the Stamp-a-Faire challenges last year and were super lucky to win the Top Chef prize.  It was so much fun stamping together.  (although she thinks I take too long making one card and she's probably right!)

We can't wait to try some new techniques and have a weekend-long date in my studio!  It will be a great way to end summer vacation before school starts on Monday.  I don't know if we'll get all the challenges done, but we're certainly going to try.  I'm really glad for the extra posting time this year.   


I also can't wait to see everyone else's projects for Stamp-a-Faire.  So much eye candy and creativity!  So, welcome to our little corner of the world.  The weather is beautiful here in North Carolina.  Let's get inky!

1 comment:

  1. She is adorable! I am loving the era idea. I can't wait to see what you both create!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!