Monday, August 25, 2014

Stamp-a-Faire 2014: Regency Needlepoint Elegance

I loved this challenge!  I used to cross-stitch all the time.  I love having a die to use that technique on cards.  I taught my daughter Emily how to do it and she's decided she wants to try a cross-stitch project now.  I have lots of patterns for her to choose from!  :)



I chose three shades of pink floss for my stitched flower.  After I was done, I added some strips of Sweet Blush and Hibiscus Burst cardstock, plus a strip of polka dot print from the Regency Era collection, and popped up the whole piece on a Sweet Blush card base.  My sentiment is from Green Thumb, an oldie but goodie!

You can see other cards for the challenge here.

Stamps:  Green Thumb (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Kraft, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Regency Era (Papertrey Ink)
DMC floss:  961, 962, 963, 966
Misc:  Scallop Border punch (Stampin' Up); pop-dots; needle


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!