Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sunshine Flowers Gift Bag

Back in early February, I made a card (found here) using Heart-2-Heart #7 by Papertrey Ink that was case'd from someone else.  I love the bright sunshiny flowers and when I pulled it out of my card stash, I decided it was perfect for a friend of mine.  I needed to package up some thank you cards, so I copied the card design for my gift bag.


As you can see, I stamped the same flower in Daffodil Delight ink and leaves in Tuxedo Black ink on a white lunch bag in a random pattern.  I pulled a white cardstock circle from my scrap drawer, stamped the stems in black, and then added flowers and leaves cut using the matching dies.  I used black Candy Dots for the flower centers just like the matching card. 


Before stamping the sentiment from Luck of the Irish, I curved it on my acrylic block to follow the circle and fit above the flowers.  I love this sentiment and it suits my friend so well!  She's dealing with some difficult things, but always has a sunny outlook.  I admire her resilience.

I folded Daffodil Delight and Basic Black flags over the lunch bag and then added the circle.  Pretty simple!  It makes a fun gift bag.  I probably should have used a white square like the card, but it doesn't really matter.  They look like a set and the real gift is the cards inside!  :)


Stamps:  Heart-2-Heart #7, Luck of the Irish (Papertrey Ink) Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up) Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Daffodil Delight, Basic Black (Stampin' Up) Misc:   Heart-2-Heart #7 dies (Papertrey Ink); Fishtail Flags Layers STAX dies (My Favorite Things); neutral Candy Dots (Stampin' Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!