Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Bird Stack

Today's offering is a set of five cards using For the Birds by Stampin' Up.  This is the final post in my Urban Garden series.  What's funny is that these are the first cards I started using this paper pack, but the last ones to be finished.


I matted the pretty blue circle patterned paper with Baja Breeze cardstock and mounted it on a white card base.  They sat on my desk for well over a week in that state!  Sometimes inspiration takes its time.

I cut out several fishtail banners from white cardstock and stamped this cute bird stack image.  I colored them with a Baja Breeze marker to complement the paper, adding tiny little dots to their bellies.  (easier to see if you click on the picture)  After gluing the banners to each card, I just wasn't quite happy with the cards.  They needed something!


After thinking about it overnight, I added a black dotted line from Love Birds above the colored image.  I was so nervous I would mess up!  Thankfully I didn't.  Sigh of relief!  I also added the large white die cut word at the bottom of the card.  For a final touch, I colored and fussy-cut one single bird to perch on the letters.  And yes, I put it on the "a" originally, but decided I liked it better on the "t".  Naturally, after I had glued the first one down.  lol


 

Voila!  Now I really like the cards and can declare them done.   :)  Not sure yet if these will be gifted.  Either way, these will be great to have in my stash.

Stamps:  For the Birds (Stampin' Up); Love Birds (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Baja Breeze, Urban Garden dsp (Stampin' Up)
Markers:  Baja Breeze, Barely Banana, Lucky Limeade, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Fishtail Flags Layers STAX die (My Favorite Things); Thanks Word die (Lil Inker)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!