Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Urban Stripes

Oops, meant to post this yesterday.  This is the first card of several that uses this stripey pattern from the Urban Garden dsp by Stampin' Up.  These colors have been a challenge for me!


I mounted a large piece of the stripes pattern on black cardstock and adhered it to a white card base.  I layered two pieces of Basic Gray cardstock cut with the Notched Border die by My Favorite Things onto a strip of black.  I added narrow pieces of Baja Breeze and Basic Black cardstock on top of that.  After embossing the word "happy" in white, the whole thing was glued to the card.  The large "birthday" word was cut with the Birthday Trio die by Papertrey Ink twice and put together for slight dimension.  I glued it to the card at an angle.

This card has a definite masculine vibe, so it will be great to have on hand!

Stamps:  Peace Be Still (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Urban Garden dsp, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Birthday Trio die (Papertrey Ink); Notched Border die (My Favorite Things); white embossing powder (Filigree)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!