Friday, July 3, 2015

On My Mind

I've set myself a challenge to use up some of my patterned paper, particularly the bits and pieces of retired Stampin' Up packs that my demo gave me last year.  You saw my Beau Chateau card yesterday.  This time I am using Urban Garden.  I have just two sheets, both different, and one side I don't particularly like, so I've been working with three different patterns and making a variety of cards.  Here's the first one.


I paired this pretty green pattern with Kiwi Kiss cardstock on a white card base.  I stamped the Take Care tree branch (by Stampin' Up) on white cardstock and hand cut it out.  I actually used markers on the rubber stamp rather than an inkpad to get the green leaves.  I stamped the nest in Close to Cocoa ink and lightly sponged the finished cut image to tone down the white.  Then I added Baja Breeze speckled eggs.

My sentiment is from You've Got Mail by My Favorite Things and was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink to match the branch.  It's cut with the Vertical Greetings die and layered at the bottom with Kiwi Kiss cardstock.  I love the soft spring look of my finished card.

Now if it would just stop raining so I can take pics of the other cards!  :)

Stamps:  Take Care (Stampin' Up); You've Got Mail (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Kiwi Kiss, Urban Garden dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Vertical Greetings die (My Favorite Things); scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!