Friday, August 30, 2013

May this year be your best ever

I have a confession to make.  I'm not too great at sending birthday cards.  I have good intentions!  Just not the greatest follow-through.  I missed both my sister's and mom's birthdays this summer.  {hangs head in shame}  Luckily, I get to see both of them this weekend when I head out to take my oldest daughter to college.  I found a great card in my stash for my mom.  (previously posted here)  This card is the one I just made for my sister.  Love it!


I used the newest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches which you can see on their blog here.  I love their CAS style sketches.  They're great for jump-starting a card design.

 

It's a very simple design and came together quickly, except for the paper piecing, which took time to cut out.  Several of those pieces are quite narrow!  I used some pretty patterned paper from Basic Grey's Knee Highs line.

Inside the card, I used another narrow strip of patterned paper and stamped my belated birthday sentiment.  (since my card is, you know, over two months late)


So happy with this card!  I hope my sister really likes it.  Of course, it will help that a present accompanies it.  lol   :)


Stamps:  Big Birthday Wishes, Birthday Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, Leaf Green (Papertrey Ink); Knee Highs 6x6 pad (Basic Grey); denim paper (K&Company)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic:  E000, E00, E30, E42, R20, C5, BV29, E55, E57, E59
Misc:  Fishtail Flags STAX dies, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX dies, Grassy Edges die (My Favorite Things) 

4 comments:

  1. Better late than never! What a fun image to celebrate a birthday! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable card! I love that sketch - and you made such a pretty project! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the sketch and I love your paper piecing. I'm sure they will forgive you!
    Congrats on you well deserved PTI win too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a standout sentiment - it brings a smile to my face! Love the gorgeous image too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!