Monday, August 26, 2013

Stamp-a-Faire: Rolled Dough Designs

This was a fun challege!  I loved all the neat tutorials by the design team.  Emily and I used Delight Paperclay, colored it with reinkers, and added glitter to sparkle it up.  Once it was dry, we cut it with metal dies.

My card base is Vintage Cream stamped with text in Dark Chocolate ink that had been stamped off first.  I also sponged around the edges.  I stacked my paperclay hearts on a Dark Chocolate cardstock strip and added one paperclay button that was stamped/sponged and tied with brown thread.  I stamped my sentiment in the lower right corner and it was a happy accident that the tiny paperclay heart was the perfect size for it!


Here's a couple close-up shots so you can see the glitter in the hearts.  It's also easier to see the distressing on the Dark Chocolate strip edges.



My daughter Emily wanted to do flowers, so she stamped her leaves in Simply Chartreuse ink and added button centers.  It turned out pretty cute!


Stamps:  Background Basics: Text Style, 2010 Love Tags (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Dies:  Heart Prints, Buttoned Up #1 (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Delight Paperclay, Scarlet Jewel reinker (Papertrey Ink); Crystal fine glitter, distresser tool

Stamps:  Turning a New Leaf, Boutique Borders: Birthday (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Soft Stone, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Dies:  Beautiful Blooms II #1 (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Soft Stone buttons (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!