Friday, August 23, 2013

Time's fun when you're having flies

I'm just popping on to share a card for the ColorQ #203 challenge.  I love the colors and the inspiration picture really jumped out at me.


I immediately thought of two Stampin' Up sets I own, Paradise and Hoppy For You, one for the bold graphic leaves and the other for the frogs.  I first stamped three frogs in Lucky Limeade and then added several leaf images in the other colors.  Then I took circle images from both Simply Circles and Itty Bitty Backgrounds to fill in the blank areas, obviously inspired by the bag in the picture.


I sponged some Early Espresso ink around the edges after rounding two of the corners, and then distressed the left edge to add some texture.  I stamped my sentiment on the Lucky Limeade flag banner, layered it offset on an Early Espresso banner, and added it to my panel.  I stitched along the left edge using indigo blue thread I found in my sewing stash.  Originally, I planned on using dark brown, but couldn't find it.  I really like how the indigo thread looks anyway!


I adhered my stamped panel to a Lucky Limeade card base, again inspired by the picture.  For a last touch, I added Star Dust Stickles to the fly wings.  It gives them a little iridescent sparkle!

If you want to see more inspiration using these colors, check out the ColorQ challenge here.

Stamps:  Paradise, Hoppy For You, Simply Circles, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Island Indigo, Pacific Point, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Fishtail Flags STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Star Dust Stickles, thread

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful and perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for this week's inspiration. Thank you for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, and I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh how cute! Beautiful work - I'm so glad you joined us at the Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!