Sunday, August 25, 2013

Stamp-a-Faire: Limited Ingredients Challenge

I've got another card for Stamp-a-Faire over at Papertrey Ink.  This one is for the Limited Ingredients challenge.  Emily decided not to do it since she thought it was "boring", but I found it interesting to create my own design using a set list of supplies.



I started my cutting my 1-inch strip of Soft Stone cardstock, as per the instructions.  After looking at my colors for inspiration, I punched a circle from each color of cardstock and started playing with placement.  I liked how the strip looked on top of the circles.

The white card base was too blank, so I stamped an open polka dot background using Smokey Shadow ink.  Then I took a tiny dot included in the Polka Dot Basics set and randomly used the three colors of ink inside the circles.  Let me tell you, random isn't easy for this gal!  :)

I needed to add my sentiment somehow (and cover a mistake - lol), so I punched three more color circles, cutting them into three wedges and piecing them to create a narrow border behind another white circle.  Then I stamped my sentiment in Smokey Shadow ink on top.

Watching a challenge video from the glitter challenge gave me the idea to add glitter lines to my Soft Stone strip.   I used two widths of Scor-Tape, making it quick and easy.  It adds lots of sparkle.  For a finishing touch, I added glitter to the border around the sentiment as well.



Stamps:  Polka Dot Basics, Tag-Its #10  (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Soft Stone, Melon Berry, Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Melon Berry, Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  1-3/4" circle punch (EK Success); Crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart); 1/8" and 1/4" Scor-Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!