Monday, August 26, 2013

Stamp-a-Faire: Mixing Mists

My daughter Emily and I tried this challenge with mixed results.  (pun intended)  lol  I only own two Papertrey Ink reinkers, Scarlet Jewel and Enchanted Evening, and both mists came out really dark.  We embossed some butterfly images on white cardstock first.  When we sprayed the mists, the color really overwhelmed the stamped butterflies.

Caution - don't use clear embossing powder.  It didn't show up much at all.  Use white embossing powder!  Also, immediately blot over the embossed image after spraying to get the color off the lines.  Otherwise it will be difficult to see.  At least, that was our experience with dark reinkers.  Emily hated how hers looked so she decided not to make a card.

Since I was determined to do every challenge, I salvaged my piece by cutting it down into a strip and backing it with a narrow strip of white.  I mounted Scarlet Jewel cardstock onto a white card base and then added my misted panel.  Last step was to add my sentiment on staggered lengths of white banner flags.


Stamps:  Butterfly Kisses, Friends Til the End (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Scarlet Jewel (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark
Misc:  Double-Ended Banner dies (Papertrey Ink); homemade spray mist using Scarlet Jewel reinker (Papertrey Ink),, white embossing powder (Filigree)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty misting. Congrats on your big win you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!