Monday, January 20, 2020

Several Earring Designs

It's been awhile, hasn't it?  I am popping in to post a few earrings that I made last year.  Creativity has really fallen by the wayside, but one day last October, I got an itch to make earrings.  I had purchased these cute balloon animal charms per my daughter's request.  She never got around to making them into earrings, so I just decided to do it myself.


Aren't they fun?  It was a quick and easy project.  While I had everything out, I made several other pairs of earrings too.  This series of three designs have an ocean vibe.


I bought these beads at Michaels ages ago.  Ages!  My daughter fell in love with an octopus charm and was going to make a bracelet, so we bought a string of fish beads.  It never happened.  I bought the seahorses for myself at the same time, but I'm fairly sure I bought the faceted and ball beads on another shopping trip.  Anyway, I thought they would make some fun earrings.




I gave the fish earrings to my daughter, but kept the other two for myself.  I posted the earrings on Facebook and a friend immediately requested to purchase the seahorse pair.  I ended up making another set, because I didn't want to give them up! 

Just for fun, I decided to create some packaging for the earrings to dress them up.  I'm so glad I did because I found out later that my friend was buying them to give to someone else. 


I pulled out an old stamp set by Papertrey Ink called Boutique Accessories for this quick project.  I cut the earring card from white cardstock using the Boutique Accessories Card die by Papertrey Ink and stamped the Handmade image across the top with black ink.  I pierced two tiny holes in the card to hold the earrings in place.  Naturally, I stamped my info on the back.


It certainly made the earrings look more professional since it turned out to be a gift!  I'm so glad I took the time to do it.  It's the little things.

Stamps:  Boutique Accessories (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Misc:  Boutique Accessories Card die (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!