Friday, January 24, 2020

Holly Joy Tag

Here's the third and final Christmas tag from last year.  I used the Spruce & Sprigs stamp set and dies from Papertrey Ink to stamp holly images.  I have some other holly images, but at this point, I didn't want to do any more fussy cutting.  I was making these on Christmas Eve and just wanted to get the presents wrapped and under the tree.  Did I mention that December was a crazy month?  I definitely need to plan ahead better this year.


I cut some tags from Dark Chocolate cardstock with the Tag Sale #5 die by Papertrey Ink and then embossed them in the Woodgrain folder by Stampin' Up.  I love the texture!


After stamping the holly leaves and berries in Pinefeather and Pure Poppy inks, I added Glossy Accents to the berries for dimension.  (hard to see in the photos)  I cut the layered JOY word with the Holiday Double Cuts dies by Papertrey Ink using Pinefeather and white cardstock and adhered them to the tag with foam tape.


The finished tags were very striking!  I added some red ribbon to match the berries.

Stamps:  Spruce & Sprigs (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Pinefeather, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Dark Chocolate, Pinefeather (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Tag Sale #5 die, Holiday Double Cuts die (Papertrey Ink); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Woodgrain embossing folder (Stampin' Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!