Thursday, August 22, 2019

Camp Create 2019: Monochromatic Magic


Whew!  I finally got my monochromatic challenge card done for Camp Create over at My Favorite Things.  This one stumped me for a while.  Not gonna lie.  I always want to add more color!  I came up with this design after trying many different options.  I kept it very simple.


After digging through my patterned paper, I found this pretty monochromatic design in the Moonlight pad by Stampin' Up.  I adhered it to Hello Honey cardstock and then a Rustic Cream card base.  Next, I cut the word "hello" from Hello Honey cardstock using the Simply Hello die by My Favorite Things and double-stacked it for dimension.  I went over all the letters with a clear Wink of Stella pen to add sparkle.  You know I love my sparkle!

I used the negative of the die to space my letters neatly on the patterned paper and glue them down.  Then I stamped a sentiment from Well, Hello by My Favorite Things in Hello Honey ink on a strip of Rustic Cream cardstock and adhered it under the letters.  For a final touch of dimension and shine, I went over all the letters with Glossy Accents.


Hopefully, you can see the sparkle and dimension in the close-up photo.  Here's the last badge I earned for Camp Create this year!


Stamps:  Well, Hello (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Hello Honey (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Hello Honey, Moonlight dsp (Stampin' Up); Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Simply Hello die (My Favorite Things); Glossy Accents; clear Wink of Stella pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!