Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Camp Create 2019: Inlaid Made Easy



I'm joining in with the My Favorite Things Camp Create challenges this week.  Yesterday's technique was inlaid die cutting.  I didn't overlap my die cuts as demonstrated in the video, but it still took me two hours to do this card because I had to cut a LOT of eyeglasses in different colors.  Piecing them into the card front took time too.  It was fun though!


I used the two mini glasses from the Geek is Chic Glasses dies by My Favorite Things.  First, I cut them in a random pattern on one piece of white cardstock and then cut them multiple times from Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Limeade Ice, and True Black cardstock.  I have quite a pile of colorful bits left over!

I inlaid all the colorful frames into the white cardstock and then added black lenses to make them look like funky sunglasses.  I adhered the whole thing to black cardstock and then onto a white card base.  Hopefully, you can see the inlaid effect in the photos.


I didn't want to cover up all my hard work so I stamped a fun sentiment from Geek is Chic by My Favorite Things on a white cardstock strip cut with one of the Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX dies and adhered it with foam tape.   Voila, a spectacular card!  :)


Here's the Camp Create badge that I earned for creating this card.



Stamps:  Geek is Chic (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Paper:  Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Limeade Ice, True Black, White (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Geek is Chic Glasses dies, Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX dies (My Favorite Things)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!