Sunday, August 18, 2019

Camp Create 2019: Awesome Ombre


I'm back to post my card for the Awesome Ombre challenge over at My Favorite Thing's Camp Create.  Now I just have one left to do!  I felt like using some warm, rich colors for my ombre background, so I pulled out the Distress Oxide inks for this one.


I stamped the Diagonal Chevron Background by My Favorite Things on a piece of white cardstock, embossed it with white powder, and then sponged it with Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin, and Festive Berries ink.  After trimming the panel down, I mounted it on black cardstock and a white card base.

I cut a black frame using the Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames dies from black cardstock, layering two together for dimension.  I also cut the word 'you' four times from white cardstock using the You Trio dies by My Favorite Things.  I layered the letters for dimension and placed them down the center of the black frame.  It took some creative engineering since two letters partially overlapped the frame, so parts of the Y and U have four layers and part has two layers to keep it all the same height.  Oh, the things we do to achieve our vision!  :)

For the final touch, I embossed a sentiment from All About You on a strip of black cardstock and adhered it across the center of the card.  I really love how this card turned out!  The colors are very striking with the black and white.  Here's my newest badge.


Stamps:  Diagonal Chevron Background, All About You (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin, Festive Berries (Distress Oxide); VersaMark; Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  You Trio dies, Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames dies (My Favorite Things); white embossing powder, ink blending tool (Tim Holtz)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!