Friday, August 16, 2019

Camp Create 2019: Magnificent Masking


For such a simple design, it took me forever to figure out what I wanted to do for the Magnificent Masking challenge over at Camp Create.  I originally wanted to do a fun background using Mod Birds, but I couldn't find my masking paper!  I know I have a package somewhere in my studio.  {insert face palm and eye roll}  So I decided to keep it simple and go in a different direction.


I used the Heart Full of Love dies by My Favorite Things to cut a heart from a piece of copy paper.  After temporarily adhering it over some white cardstock, I stamped one of the paint streak images from the Abstract Art stamp set over the heart mask using Lavender Fields and Ripe Raspberry inks.  I love how it looks!

I stamped and heat-embossed a large sentiment from 100% Lovable by My Favorite Things directly on the heart after removing the mask.  Then I stamped another sentiment from Lots of Hugs beneath the heart.  I cut the white panel with a die from Blueprints 13 to add the stitching detail and layered it on black cardstock cut with a die from Blueprints 2.


The card needed an extra pop of color so I stamped the same paint streak image repeatedly around the sides of a white card base to create a fun border using the same colors as the heart.  Isn't it fantastic?  I really love how it frames the card!  Here's the badge I earned for this Camp Create challenge.

 

Stamps:  100% Lovable, Abstract Art, Lots of Hugs (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Lavender Fields, Ripe Raspberry (My Favorite Things); Onyx Black (VersaFine); VersaMark
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Heart Full of Love dies, Blueprints 2 dies, Blueprints 13 dies (My Favorite Things); clear embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!