Thursday, August 15, 2019

Camp Create 2019: Background Bonanza


This card is for the Background Bonanza challenge from Camp Create on the My Favorite Things blog.  I used sponging, stenciling, and stamping to create my undersea background.


First, I sponged a subtle ombre background using Sno Cone, Summer Splash, Blue Raspberry, and Tropical Teal inks by My Favorite Things.  It's actually a bit darker than it looks in the photo.  Then I sponged Sweet Tooth ink through the Sunrise Radiating Rays stencil, tapering off the ends so it looked like sunlight streaking in the water.

I stamped some undersea plants using Tropical Teal and Smokey Shadows inks near the sandy bottom.  I also stamped some fish silhouettes in Smokey Shadow ink, both full-strength and stamped off first for a softer color.  I cut the sandy floor using an In the Meadow die by Papertrey Ink, and then cut it and the background using a die from Blueprints 13 by My Favorite Things.  I love the stitched detail.  I added a few Copic marker dots on the sand for some texture after sponging it with Fine Linen ink.

I stamped and colored a mermaid and fish from Mermazing, Gill Friends, and Friends With Fins stamp sets.  The fish silhouette images came from the same sets.  I added clear Wink of Stella to the mermaid tail and star for extra sparkle.  Hopefully you can see it in the close-up photo.  After I glued them in place to my background, I created bubbles with Glossy Accents.


As a last touch, I embossed a sentiment from Mermazing on a piece of Smokey Shadow cardstock that I cut with a die from Blueprints 13.  I thought the jagged edge worked well with the undersea scene, almost like a decayed board from a shipwreck.  I then adhered the whole scene to a white card base.


Here's the badge I earned for this challenge!


Stamps:  Mermazing, Gill Friends, Friends With Fins (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Sno Cone, Summer Splash, Blue Raspberry, Tropical Teal, Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things); Fine Linen, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Paper:  White, Kraft, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  0, N0, C1, C3, C5, E000, E00, E23, E25, E30, E57, E59, R05, R08, R20, BG11, BG13, Y02, Y06, Y08, Y17, Y26
Misc:  Blueprints 13 dies (My Favorite Things); In the Meadow dies (Papertrey Ink); clear Wink of Stella pen; Glossy Accents: white embossing powder (Filigree); Sunrise Radiating Rays stencil (My Favorite Things)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!