Monday, February 6, 2012

PTI Anniversary Day Two: Hey Chick

For day two of the Papertrey Ink anniversary celebration, each stamp designer contributed a free digital image. Today's challenge is to make a project using one of them. Go here to download them for yourself. I chose Lisa Johnson's cute chick image for my card.


I used a card base I've had sitting around for months that was buried in my scrap drawer. Almost like buried treasure! I had punched the scallop edge and then lined the inside with a narrow strip of decorative paper. All I had to do was add the Spots & Dots border and then add accents to the scallops.

I colored the chick image with Copic markers and then traced a partial circle around the image to give it some framing. Then I layered my circle on top of two Banner Builder pieces and the Mat Stack shape. At the last minute, I added a little bit of color to the background strip and accents with a Copic marker.

I really didn't have a plan when I started and it was fun to see how the card evolved. I like the end result!

Stamps: free anniversary digi image, Background Basics: Spots & Dots (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: White, Lemon Tart, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink); 8x8 Slab (Provo Craft)
Ink: Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Copic: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y35
Misc: Mat Stack 1 die, Banner Builders die (Papertrey Ink); Diamond Lace border punch (EK Success); Basic Black marker (Stampin' Up)

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is adorable! I love the scalloped edge and those chickies are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute. I love the colour combo & the LO you have used. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!