Saturday, February 4, 2012

Polka dot cupcake

I'm addicted to polka dots. At least, my desk looks like it with three other polka dot cards in progress. This is the one I've finished so far and I just couldn't wait any longer to post it. :)

Once I stamped and assembled my first polka dot background, it occurred to me that the cupcake from Everyday Classics was a perfect match. I decided to make another background from soft pink and brown for the cupcake card. The first card still isn't finished! lol

I scored and folded the sentiment banner to give it some dimension, which is a technique I first saw on Nicole Heady's blog. (I think) I added pink Stickles on top of the cupcake. After all, what is a birthday without some glitter? lol It turned out to be one very cute birthday card!

Stamps: Everyday Classics, Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Blushing Bride (Stampin' Up); White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Blushing Bride (Stampin' Up); Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Misc: Double-Ended Banners die (Papertrey Ink); Lacey Ovals die (Spellbinders); Cotton Candy (Stickles)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!