Thursday, February 9, 2012

PTI Anniversary Day Five: Pinterest-Inspired Thanks

Today's Papertrey Ink anniversary challenge is to choose a Pinterest photo and create a card inspired by it. I loved the photos chosen by the design team! While browsing Pinterest this morning, I stumbled across this photo from House Beautiful magazine of a bathroom with a cool geometric pattern on the walls.

original source

I love the combination of turquoise and white! The geometric wall pattern immediately made me think of the Shapes By Design set, so I used one of the border images to recreate the pattern for my card. I used Fillable Frames vertically like the mirror frame in the inspiration photo. I added silver brads in the corners of my card to mimic the chrome wall sconces and faucet. I stamped Bermuda Bay circles (stamped off once) on the white strip with buttons on top to mimic the round wall sconces.

It turned out really well. I love these colors! I will definitely be using this technique again. Make sure you check out the PTI design team's cards and inspiration photos here.

Stamps: Shapes By Design, Fillable Frames 1 (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Hawaiian Shores, White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink); Bermuda Bay (Stampin' Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark
Misc: Hawaiian Shores buttons (Papertrey Ink); silver brads (Making Memories); white embossing powder (Filigree)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!