Friday, February 10, 2012

PTI Anniversary Day Six: Hello Friend

For today's PTI anniversary challenge, we were given a choice of five sketches. You can see all of them here. Between a busy morning and then an afternoon fighting a headache, I didn't feel much like stamping today. I picked the simplest sketch (#2) and followed it exactly. It still took me much longer than it should have! Here's the finished card:

I used my Copic markers to add shading to the flower and I opted to stamp my sentiment on a vellum strip so as not to block too much of it. I'm not sure that I like how it looks, but maybe the sentiment itself looks a little too busy. I managed to smudge some of the ink, naturally. I do like the "Hello Friend" sentiment. :) Despite having sewn for years, this was my first time stitching on paper. About time I tried that technique, huh? lol

Stamps: In Bloom, Around & About Sentiments, Little Labels (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Lemon Tart, vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic: Y11, Y13, Y15
Misc: Binding Edge punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!