Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Tree Tag

We spent Christmas away from home last year.  Since my daughter Melody was graduating from BYU-Idaho on Dec 19th and my oldest son Matthew and his wife Meghan were expecting a baby on Dec 25th, it just made sense to stay in Utah for the holidays.  It was the first time we've all been together for Christmas in three years.  It's all this mom wanted!  Benjamin got home from his mission last November and it was wonderful to have him home.  We left him behind in Utah after the holidays so he could start college at BYU there in Provo.  He's lucky to have his older brother nearby.  Our little grandson Elliott was born a week early on Dec 18th so we got to spend lots of time with him before coming back.  This grandmother wishes they weren't so far away!

Anyway, I didn't get my Christmas tags made until the day before we left for our trip.  Talk about last minute!  This year I made five sets of tags.  I finally took pictures of them yesterday and will be posting them all over the next few days.  Here's the first design.


I cut a tag from Early Espresso cardstock using the Tag Builder Blueprints 2 dies from My Favorite things and layered a piece of Candlelight Chrsitmas paper on top.  I added a little Early Espresso over the tag hole as well.

I embossed the sentiment from Tag-Its #8 by Papertrey Ink with white embossing powder.  After stamping the tree from Chalet by Avery Elle, I colored it with Copic markers and cut it out by hand.  Then I put White Blizzard Nuvo Drops on the tree for some sparkle.  I adhered the tree to the tag and tied on some gold ribbon for the final touch.


Stamps:  Chalet (Avery Elle); Tag-Its #8 (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Early Espresso, Candlelight Christmas (Stampin' Up)
Copic:  C3, YG23, YG25, E44, E59
Misc:  Tag Builder Blueprints 2 dies (My Favorite Things); White Blizzard (Nuvo Crystal Drops); gold Wink of Stella pen; white embossing powder (Filigree); gold ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!