Monday, August 28, 2017

SAF 2017: Black & White Friend



Papertrey Ink's annual Stamp-a-Faire event was this past weekend and I've been watching all of the challenge videos and working on projects.  Here is my card for the Take Ten Warm Up Challenge.


I chose the black and white inspiration photo because the classic color scheme immediately jumped out at me.  There are great color combos in the other choices though!  I pulled out Background Basics: Geometrics to create the background on my card.  It was the first set to pop into my mind when I saw the photo.

 
After repeatedly stamping the geometric border on a white cardstock panel, I adhered it to black cardstock and then to a white card base.  I found a rectangle of vellum in my scrap drawer to layer over top.  I needed to soften the background pattern so my other pieces could stand out better.

I cut the floral silhouette twice from black cardstock using the Petite Pots dies by Papertrey Ink and glued them together.  I cut the word "hello" using the Noted die in both white and black cardstock, offsetting the layers for a shadow effect.  I stamped the sentiment from Wet Paint on white cardstock and cut it into a strip.  Once I glued everything in place, the card was done.  Simple, but very striking!

Go here to see other cards posted for this challenge.

Stamps:  Background Basics: Geometrics, Wet Paint (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, True Black, vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Petite Pots dies, Noted die (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

  1. This is charming! Love the white shadow behind the black Hello -- really stands out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!