Friday, August 25, 2017

Mom's Birthday Gift

My mom's birthday is now past, so I wanted to post the photos of her birthday gift.  I made two pairs of earrings and a fancy gift box using a nugget box template from Splitcoaststampers.


I have misplaced my notes, so I don't remember all of the cardstock colors I used, but I will do my best to recall details.  I punched the petals from two different purple cardstocks and a yellow cardstock with the Blossom Builder punch by Stampin' Up.  I sponged each petal with matching ink to add shading and then spritzed them with Perfect Pearls mist.  It gave them lots of shine!  It did the same thing with the leaves and bent all of the pieces for dimension.


I layered my large flower, staggering the petals, and glued a metal button in the center.  I love how it turned out!  After constructing my box, I stamped it with a long birthday sentiment from Around & About Sentiments by Papertrey Ink in a diagonal pattern.  I also added some small flowers from the same set.  You can see it best in the picture of the back of the box further down.



Inside the box, I placed a bit of quilt batting and then hooked my earrings through it so they wouldn't slip around inside.



I used beads that I purchased at AC Moore and Michaels to create the earrings.  Tiny clear crystal beads dangle from a flower for one of the designs.


The other design has floral ceramic beads and silver flower bead caps.  Both earring sets were fun and super easy to make.  My mom really liked them!  Since I was out visiting family this summer for my son's wedding, it was a rare opportunity to give her a birthday present in person.  (ahead of time though - I had to leave before her actual birthday)


I really enjoyed making the box too.  It's a snazzy way to present a gift!  It takes extra time, but it is always worth it.



Stamps:  Around & About Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  unknown
Paper:  unknown
Misc:  Blossom Builder punch (Stampin' Up); nugget box template; metal button; Perfect Pearls Mist (Ranger) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!