Wednesday, August 30, 2017

SAF 2017: Autumn in the Air


I have one more card to post for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire event.  There are several projects in process, but not much near completion, so it's doubtful I will get them posted before the deadline tomorrow morning.  I'm rapidly losing daylight for photos.  Creativity has been such a struggle lately.  I watched every challenge video over the weekend, but I've had trouble getting ideas from my brain to paper.

When I saw Laura Bassen's card for one of the paper challenges, I knew that I had to pull out the Mighty Oak Cover Plate die.  I love autumn and can't wait for the leaves to turn.  (and the end of summer heat!)



I cut several colors of Papertrey Ink cardstock with the Mighty Oak die because I wanted my tree to be bursting with autumn color.  For the trunk, I also used the die on my remaining piece of faux leather from one of the other challenges.  It lost a little texture from the solid-backed die, but it still looks cool in person.

I cut a piece of Prairie Grass cardstock with an In the Meadow die and rubbed the edges with VersaMark ink for shading.  Then I glued it to a Kraft panel and added my tree trunk.  Using a negative from the die, I placed all my autumn leaves around the tree.  I also cut some vellum leaves and stitched them over some of the colorful leaves with a sewing machine.


For my sentiment, I cut a piece of Cocoa Bean cardstock and stamped an image from Scent-imentals in Dark Chocolate ink, gluing it on the ground with one more autumn leaf.  Finally, I mounted the whole piece to a Cocoa Bean card base.  I like the result!  You can see other cards for the challenge here.

Stamps:  Scent-imentals (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Paper:  Kraft, Cocoa Bean, Prairie Grass, Canyon Clay, Honey Nut, Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Mighty Oak Cover Plate die (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!