Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Camp Create: Hog Heaven


Isn't this set just darling?  It's called Hog Heaven and is, of course, by My Favorite Things.  I had to have it when it was released this year!  Birdie Brown illustrates some fun stamp sets and they are hard to resist.  This card is for the Divine Dry Embossing challenge.


I created a mask using a die from Blueprints 3 by My Favorite Things.  I sponged Sno Cone and Limelight inks to create a shaped background on white cardstock.  I also stamped the pig (from Hog Heaven) and flowers (from Adorable Elephants) in the grassy area.  Now that I'm looking at it on my computer screen, I should have added a little shading underneath to ground the images.  I colored the flowers with a Baked Brown Sugar marker and a white gel pen.

I stamped the pig on a separate piece of white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, and cut it out.  Before gluing it in place, I dry embossed the background area with the Blueprints 3 die.  I'm not sure how, but the bottom edge of the die shifted during the process, making a slight curve.  Guess I need to practice this a few more times.

I embossed my sentiment from Hog Heaven in white powder on a black Fishtail Flags Layers STAX die cut.  After gluing it down, I decided to stamp a small butterfly from Adorable Elephants above it.  I colored it with Copic markers, adding white spots at the last minute.  It just needed a little something and I can never resist polka dots!  I adhered the whole panel to a black card base.  Here's my earned badge.


Stamps:  Hog Heaven, Adorable Elephants (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Limelight, Sno Cone (My Favorite Things); Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  Y00, Y02, Y06, R01, R20, R24, R29, R30, R32, R59
Misc:  Blueprints 3 die, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX die (My Favorite Things); white gel pen (Uni-ball Signo); white embossing powder (Filigree); Baked Brown Sugar marker (Stampin' Up) 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!