Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Camp Create: Butterfly Resist


I'm popping in to post a card for the third and final week of Camp Create over at My Favorite Things.  I hope to get them all done before the deadline.  This card is for the Remarkable Resist challenge.  For some reason, I've been having trouble getting started so I used the same layout as the example card.


I pulled out Blissful Butterflies by My Favorite Things for my resist images, stamping them in VersaMark and embossing with clear powder on white cardstock.  I sponged several colors of Distress Ink over top - Dusty Concord, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, and Milled Lavender.  Apparently, I was in a purple mood!  I lightly sponged Pumice Stone ink around the edges.  I ended up trimming the panel down a bit so I'm not sure how well it shows.  I cut a narrow strip of Smokey Shadow cardstock and piece of grey herringbone patterned paper for the side.  Finally, I stamped a sentiment from Blissful Butterflies using Smokey Shadow ink.  All of the pieces are mounted on a white card base.

Here's the badge I earned!


Stamps:  Blissful Butterflies (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink); Dusty Concord, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Milled Lavender, Pumice Stone (Distress Ink); VersaMark
Paper:  White, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink); Garden Party 6x6 pad (Pebbles)
Misc:  clear embossing powder, sponge tool

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!
    What a fabulous job you did with all of the Camp Create Challenges, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!