Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Aqua Lucite Trumpet Flower Earrings

Today is something a bit different.  I have long been interested in making jewelry and consequently have collected many years of beading magazines.  I made a few simple things in the distant past, but never took pictures of them before they were given as gifts.  I'll admit to fear of failure preventing me from doing much more than that.  Recently, I spent a lot of time looking through those magazines and bookmarking favorite projects.  I came across instructions for this pair of earrings in the BeadStyle May 2012 issue. 


Love.  Then a thought of...that doesn't look too hard.  Maybe I could do this.  I had even recently watched a video about making wrapped loops.  When my husband encouraged me to go ahead and get the beads to make them, I decided to do it.  Why not?  I already have the tools.  Sometimes I just need a little push.  So I did! 


You know what?  It took me less than two hours.  One evening.  I used Lucite trumpet flower beads and Swarovski crystals.  They're not perfect, but I love them anyway.  I've already worn the earrings several times.  They sparkle in the sunlight and look so pretty!  I am immensely proud of myself for pushing past the fear.  Once I get more chain, I'll make a simple necklace with the leftover beads to match.

2 comments:

  1. HEIDI!! Your earrings are gorgeous! Cheering and applauding your accomplishment! A matching necklace? Marvelous! I'm thrilled that you're honouring the directions your creativity is taking you!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!