Sunday, October 3, 2021

Garnet Necklace & Earrings

I made this jewelry set for both my mother and mother-in-law for a Christmas gift many years ago.  It was one of the first pieces of jewelry I ever made and I didn't take pictures at the time, so when I was out visiting my parents this summer, I took the opportunity to get a few photos for my blog.  The design is from an issue of BeadStyle magazine.  If I remember correctly, I got the beads from Fire Mountain Gems and Rio Grande.


You can better see the rich color of the round garnet beads in these additional pictures.  I ended up remaking the necklace at my mother's request later on.  Originally, there was an additional garnet bead in the upper loops and it wasn't laying nicely.  It was a simple fix to solve the problem.


I always intended to make a set for myself, but never got around to it because I didn't have quite enough beads.  One of these days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!