Sunday, January 13, 2019

Two Earring Designs...Double the Fun

I've had these two earring designs photographed since last August when I made them for my mother's birthday.  It's about time I got on here and posted them!  Look for several additional posts this week as I catch up with some of last year's projects.

I purchased a strand of lovely floral circle beads at either Michaels or A.C. Moore and they were languishing in my bead drawer for months.  I made simple earrings with the addition of some tiny clear crystal faceted beads.  I love this design and need to make a pair for myself!


I made an additional pair of earrings using some cool mottled green beads that I bought at A.C. Moore a couple of years ago.  I strung them with simple silver ball spacers.  Both earrings have a great summer vibe.  My mom really liked them!


Naturally, I had to create some packaging to gift the earrings, so I pulled out a nugget box pattern I got from Splitcoaststampers.  The depth is perfect for earrings once you add a little batting.


I stamped the Cocoa Bean cardstock in Dark Chocolate ink with the Hardwood background stamp from Stampin' Up.  It's one of my favorites!  I cut a layered flower from Raspberry Fizz cardstock using the Gerbera Daisy dies from My Favorite Things.  I then inked the edges to define the petals, as well as the flower center, using the matching inks.  Simple, but it makes a striking box.


Stamps:  Hardwood (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Cocoa Bean, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Gerbera Daisy dies (My Favorite Things)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!