Monday, January 14, 2019

Arcos Wrap Bracelet

I love to make things.  If fear didn't get in the way so often, my whole home and wardrobe would be handmade things.  I've been wanting to try bead-weaving for years.  If you don't believe me, just look at my bookshelf full of jewelry magazines such as Bead & Button, BeadStyle, and BeadWork.  I've daydreamed about it for ages.  I really admire all the beautiful jewelry designs.

I subscribe to Potomac Bead's channel on Youtube and when the Arcos Wrap Bracelet popped up, I immediately saved the link.  I loved the design and it looked simple enough for a beginner like me.  After stalling for months, I finally ordered the beads and took the plunge.  It was super easy to make!



I love how the design hints of butterflies.  I picked some gorgeous mottled blue/silver beads for my project.  I made the wrap bracelet twice, once for myself and once for my sister as a birthday gift.  She really loves bracelets and knew it would be a fun surprise for her when we went to visit family in August.


Well...technically, I made it three times.  When I gave it to my sister, it was just a bit too short.  I added an additional motif repeat and that solved the problem.  Glad it was an easy pattern!


Of course, I had to make a pretty gift box to hold the bracelet.  I used the same design as the one for my mom, just in different colors.  (see the previous post for more details)



Now I just need to pick my next bead project!  I had planned to make my mom a necklace and earrings set for Christmas, but completely ran out of time.  Life was pretty busy last year!

Stamps:  Hardwood (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Blueberry Sky (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Cocoa Bean, Blueberry Sky (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Gerbera Daisy dies (My Favorite Things)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!