Thursday, January 25, 2018

Sending My Love Valentines

Here's my first project finished in 2018!  I do have a pretty background I created using a technique from a recent Make-It-Monday tutorial, but I haven't decided how to use it yet.  :)  While scrolling through blogs in Feedly last week, I saw some darling cards made by Lynn Put on her blog, The Queen's Scene, using the Don't Forget to Write kit and some other dies by Papertrey Ink.  I loved them!  It made me itch to get into my studio and make them too.  It's not my original design, of course, but it got me creating again and that's what matters.


Aren't they sweet?  I adore the colors.  I had so much fun making these cards.  I stamped the flowers in Hibiscus Burst, Lovely Lady, Pure Poppy, and New Leaf inks.  The clusters are layered on hearts cut using the Shakers & Sprinkles kit dies.  They fit perfectly on the note card die from the Don't Forget to Write kit. 

Betsy Veldman gets me with her gorgeous designs.  Every.  Single.  Time.  I love her vintage style and want to own all of her stamps and dies.  I just can't keep up!  (darn budget, lol)


I know I've mentioned before how much I love polka dots.  I adhered a sheet of Hibiscus Burst Bitty Dot paper to the white scalloped note card.  Again, this is totally a CASE of Lynn Put's design.  There are faux pearls in the center of the bigger flowers.  I was going to use my Nuvo Drops, but I'm having issues with some of the colors.  I'm thinking I need to move them away from the outside wall, because it can get a bit chilly in my studio.  The large word is cut from Pure Poppy cardstock and the sentiment is stamped directly on the heart with black ink. 


Wouldn't this design look darling in purples?  It would also be elegant in white and metallics for a wedding.  It was fun to get the Don't Forget to Write kit out again to play.  Thanks to Lynn Put for the inspiration!

Stamps:  Don't Forget to Write (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Hibiscus Burst, Lovely Lady, Pure Poppy, New Leaf (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst Bitty Dot (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Don't Forget to Write dies, Shakers & Sprinkles: Hearts dies (Papertrey Ink); faux pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!