Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Cookie Cutter Rudolph Tag

Here is the second tag I created for Christmas last year.  I only had two of my children home for the holidays.  Next year, however, will be a different story!  Everyone will be here and I simply cannot wait.  :)  For this one, I used Cookie Cutter Christmas by Stampin' Up and Holiday Trimmings by Wplus9 Studios.


I opted for simple designs last year because I waited until the last minute.  Honestly, I was tempted to skip making them altogether.  The last few months have been a real struggle creatively, but I couldn't let my kids down.  It's a family tradition and they look forward to seeing the new tags each year and guessing whose is whose.  I admit that it's fun for me too.  Next year, I will need to make five designs so I had better start much earlier!


This cute little reindeer is from the Cookie Cutter Christmas set.  It has a matching punch that makes it super easy to use.  I stamped and colored my reindeer with Copic markers, adding little black Nuvo drops eyes and a glossy nose for dimension.

On the black tag cut using dies from the Holiday Tag-Along kit by Papertrey Ink, I repeatedly stamped and embossed a sentiment from Holiday Trimmings in white powder.  I cut a red glitter strip using a die from Blueprints 8 by My Favorite Things and glued it to the tag.  I adhered the reindeer with foam tape.


It's simple, but I like the bold black and white with pops of red.  It makes a striking tag!

Stamps:  Cookie Cutter Christmas (Stampin' Up); Holiday Trimmings (Wplus9 Studio)
Ink:  VersaMark; Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink); red glitter
Copic:  E55, E57, E59, RV13, R29, R59
Misc:  Holiday Tag-Along die (Papertrey Ink); Blueprints 8 die (My Favorite Things); Cookie Cutter punch (Stampin' Up); white embossing powder (Filigree); red ribbon; Glossy Accents (Ranger); Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!