Thursday, February 12, 2015

PTI 8th Anniversary: Ready, Set, Snow

Another day, another challenge.  Today we needed to do a blue ombre effect.  After trying to sponge an ombre background, I scrapped it and moved in a different direction.  Glad I did!

 
You'll have to pardon the less-than-ideal picture.  It has been crazy windy here all day and this is the only shot I managed to get outside.  I couldn't get the card to stay up long enough!  It was a bit amusing.  There's a lot of shadow on the picture, so I'll try to get a better shot tomorrow.  I took a pic inside using the kitchen window's light and cropped it for a close-up.  The color is off, but you can see the texture better on the die cut. 


I cut strips of cardstock in Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, and Enchanted Evening using the Building Blocks dies and carefully glued them onto a white card base.  It's definitely a quick, easy way to do ombre!  I stamped snowflakes from Snowflake Serenade onto the pieced blue strip using VersaMark Dazzle Frost ink.  Then I used a white gel pen to add additional tiny, random snowflake dots.

I cut the large word using the Wonderful Words: Snow die and impressed some texture using the Linen & Canvas plate from Papertrey Ink.  I stamped a sentiment from the matching set directly on the card in black ink and then popped up my die cut word below.

I really love the result!  The VersaMark ink makes the snowflakes look ombre too, as if I had used three colors of ink.  Pretty cool!  You can see other cards for the challenge at Nichole Heady's blog here.

Stamps:  Wonderful Words: Snow, Snowflake Serenade (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark Dazzle Frost
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Wonderful Words: Snow die (Papertrey Ink); white gel pen

4 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi, I love your ombre strips and the snowy details! Thanks for visiting my blog today, it's so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE this card! Your ombre effect turned out beautifully and I love how it worked even with the snowflakes! A really perfect card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Heidi! Love the way you used the building block die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another amazing card, Heidi! Great ombre effect using strips! So talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!