Monday, February 9, 2015

PTI 8th Anniversary: Friends Make the World Beautiful

Oh my goodness, I am seriously in love with this card!  The color.  Oh, the color!  Today's anniversary challenge is to use an untouched stamp set.  Awesome!  I've been trying to do that anyway.  Pretty successfully, too.  :) 

I pulled out Friendship Jars: Spring Fillers this past weekend, thinking to use it for my Maile Belle-inspired card, but went in another direction instead.  This gorgeous tulip image was calling to me today.  It's my favorite flower, so I couldn't resist its lovely siren song.


I have used two of the Friendship Jar sets before, but never the Spring Fillers set.  It has some wonderful images, but these tulips are definitely the star of the show.  I embossed it with white embossing powder on a piece of watercolor paper.  In the spirit of "springing into action" per the challenge instructions, I added lots of pretty color with a waterbrush and some Distress Ink reinkers, which I had never used either.  Does that give me bonus points?  lol

I deliberately kept it a little messy and allowed myself to play.  I love the result.  LOVE.  The colors are so vibrant!  It's like a little burst of spring on this dreary winter day.  (It started to rain as I went outside to take the picture, so my daughter had to hold an umbrella to protect my card!)

The sentiment comes from Wonderful Words: Friends.  I had never used that stamp set before now, although I have used the die.  Two for one!  I selectively stamped the sentiment on two different Building Blocks die cuts and glued them in the lower right corner of the card.  I stacked three of the word die cuts together to add dimension and help it stand out from the background.  Once in place, the card was done!

The only thing that really took time for this card was allowing the watercolor to dry.  Otherwise, it was pretty quick.  I look forward to seeing what sets are used by other stampers for this challenge.  I have plenty of untouched sets to choose from myself!  :)

Stamps:  Friendship Jars: Spring Fillers, Wonderful Words: Friends (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark
Reinkers:  Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean (Distress Ink)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); watercolor paper
Misc:  Building Blocks dies, Wonderful Words: Friends die (Papertrey Ink); white embossing powder (Filigree); waterbrush 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercolor card. Colors are so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...LOVE everything about this card! It is simply stunning with all that bright color! I think I'd frame this! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to come by for a closer look and to say, this is gorgeous! Your colors are vibrant, images so clear and lovely. Makes me wish for some tulips right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!