Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Heart

I think this may be my first time using a Make-It-Monday technique during the same week it is posted.  Usually I forget about it or the deadline for linking has passed.  I've only used embossing paste one other time and that was for Stamp-a-Faire last August.  I really like the technique though and plan to use it again.  Here is my card for Papertrey Ink's Make-It-Monday #201.


Obviously I didn't use a Cover Plate die.  I chose a heart-shaped confetti die from the Shakers & Sprinkles kit and cut a temporary stencil from cardstock.  I smooshed a Pure Poppy inkpad onto a craft mat and mixed the ink with translucent embossing paste to get this pretty pink color.  Then I placed my stencil on a piece of white cardstock and spread the paste with a palette knife.  When I lifted it up, I got this large heart made of little pink hearts.  My paste seeped underneath in a few spots due to my stencil being a bit warped, but not too badly.  Not all of the hearts came out the same thickness, which created a slight color variation.  I like the look!

I stamped a sentiment from Love Lives Here underneath the heart in black ink.  I added strips of 1/8" Scor-Tape along the sides and covered them with Sugar Cube glitter.  The whole panel was then mounted on a Hibiscus Burst card base.  Sweet and simple!

Stamps:  Love Lives Here (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Shakers & Sprinkles Make It Market Kit die (Papertrey Ink); translucent embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi); Sugar Cube glitter (Martha Stewart); 1/8" Scor-Tape

10 comments:

  1. I love the look of the hearts!! I never would have thought to use that die to make a stencil but it's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see no seeping at all, and think this is so clever! The heart is gorgeous, and I love the color you created! Almost looks like pieces of glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea. It is very pretty!

    Precious Hugs
    OmaGloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredibly sweet! I love the glossy hearts that make the heart and the clever idea to put strips of scor tape and glitter. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Great idea to use the heart die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out fabulous, love how you made your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card!! I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever is this?! Using a heart die as a stencil... brilliant! I also love the usage of scor tape with glitter to complete the look. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!